The majority of the share capital is held by the company founders: Alain Taravella and Jacques Nicolet.
The second largest group of investors includes Prédica – Crédit Agricole Assurances, ABP Pension Funds and Foncière des Régions (FDR).
The general public holds 15% of the capital.
100% of employees are also shareholders.
As of the 30th of June 2011 market capitalisation amounted to 1.45 billion Euros.
Altarea stocks are listed in compartment A of NYSE Euronext Paris which is for companies with a market cap exceeding 1 billion Euros.
Altarea appears on the CAC All Shares Index.
SRD long only is a deferred settlement service which allows shares to be purchased using the leverage effect of deferred settlement, however it is not possible to sell Altarea stock short.
To become an Altarea shareholder you simply need to ask you financial intermediary to send a purchase order specifying the code ISIN 0000033219 or the stock symbol “ALTA”.
The company has implemented a liquidity agreement in order to stimulate the market and share liquidity. An independent investment service provider will make sure that all Altarea buy and sell orders for reasonable share amounts can be completed.
By recommendation of the Supervisory Board, the general assembly of shareholders held on 17 June 2011 voted for a dividend of 8 Euros per share.
This dividend is an increase of 11.1% over the rate for the preceding year.
This represents a return of 6.4% on the share price as of 31 December 2010.
The 2011 dividend of 8 Euros per share was disbursed to shareholders on the 5th of July. It was paid in cash.
Your Altarea shares will be subject to securities taxes and, in particular, capital gains tax in regard of shares and dividends.
Capital gains tax
1/ Net capital gain = share sale price – cost price
2/ The 2011 Law on Finance has introduced changes to share tax regimes... Changes in 2011:
- The capital gains tax rate has increased from 18% to 19%.
- Social security contributions have increased by 0.2% from 12.1 to 12.3%
- Taxation of net capital gains from the sale of securities from the 1st Euro sold.
- The taxation threshold of €25,830 has been repealed as of 1 January 2011.
- There are specific rules covering the deferral of capital losses.
3/ Exemptions from capital gains tax (incomplete list):
- Shares have been held for more than 8 years
- You hold a Share Savings Plan and have sold your Altarea Cogedim shares before 13 October 2011.
Dividends received by Altarea Cogedim shareholders domiciled in France are taxable and subject to social security contributions (CSG / CRDS / RSA).
Shareholders have two choices in terms of dividend payments received in 2011:
- Option 1: Taxation as per the rules of the common regimen (best option), which entitles you to a fixed allowance of €3050 annually for a couple and €1525 for a single person.
N.B.: The annual uncapped 40% allowance which was still applicable to dividends paid in 2011 has now been withdrawn.
- Option 2: Withholding Tax (PLF system) (optional system)
You are no longer eligible for the rebates mentioned above. Before choosing this option you should examine your personal tax situation.
In both cases the 12.3% social security contribution will be deducted at source.
Note: Changes to dividends for 2011:
1/ Tax credits are no longer available for dividends: the €230 and €115 tax credits have been withdrawn, this will apply to taxation on income earned during 2010.
2/The withholding tax rate has been increased by 1% from 18% to 19%.
3/ Social security contributions have risen from 12.1% to 12.3% for dividends paid from 1 January 2011 onwards.
Wealth Tax Declaration
You can choose either of the following methods to determine the value of your shares to be stated in your IFS declaration:
- The last known price of the year preceding the tax year
- The average of the last 30 prices during the preceding the tax year