With the authority of the Management, the Secretary General coordinates internal control operations particularly covering the various subsidiaries. The Secretary General’s position is a full-time post (internal control supervisor) and he is assisted by three part-time people with internal control responsibilities (the general secretary, a legal officer and an executive assistant).
Their main tasks include:
- Oversight of internal regulations and the efficiency of the special committees of the Supervisory Board.
- Identification of the operational committees of Altarea and its subsidiaries.
- Identifying, or assisting departments in the identification of risks.
- Establishing, or assisting departments in the establishment of general and special procedures (corporate, employment, powers...)
- Examine the operational rules of engagement, identify existing procedures and streamline them.